Fibers of Bhutan: Culture, Heritage and Art delves into the cultural and artistic heart of Bhutan. Traveling from west to east, you will see exquisitely built monasteries and shrines, hear the oral histories of the land and its inhabitants, and have intimate opportunities to meet the artisans and people who make Bhutan’s culture one of the most unique in the world.
In the western region of Paro, explore some of the holiest and historically significant temples and hike through breathtaking terrain. Northeast of Paro, in the capitol city of Thimphu, you will meet with a local textile designer and join her in an exclusive behind the scenes experience. You will also have time to engage in the capital’s gallery of traditional Bhutanese culture. Explore the Thimphu weekend market to shop for handicrafts and immerse with locals in their daily routines.
Continue east across Bhutan via Dochula Pass: drinking in views of the higher Himalayas. The serene views are continuous throughout the Phobjikha Valley. Your Bhutanese experience will be crowned by hiking to the legendary Taktshang Monastery, also called Tiger’s Nest, on a trail through pine trees adorned with Spanish moss and fluttering prayer flags.
- Learn from local women about the weaving traditions, materials and techniques of Bhutan.
- Visit the best arts and crafts museums in the country.
- Shop at the famed Thimphu weekend market, observing centuries of commerce and tradition.
- Meet local women and learn about their life and education.
- Hike to the Tiger’s Nest monastery (Taktsang Monastery), and have the unique opportunity to go inside, light butter lamps and offer prayers.
- Sightseeing including dzongs (forts), monasteries, temples, other spiritual sites and wildlife refuges.
- Experience a country whose policies and cultural heritage have been shaped from Buddhism for thousands of years.
WHY TRAVEL WITH US?
All our Fibers of Bhutan tours are for a minimum of two participants for a date of your choosing. We do NOT nickel-and-dime on services – all inclusions and exclusions are clearly listed in cost details. Some companies will advertise trips for very low prices but they have a lot of exclusions that is usually not clear. Most of our trekkers are either repeat clients or referrals. We have been in business for over 30 years and we employ only the most professional and friendly staff.
We are also proud to give back to our community through 3 Summits For Nepal managed by Crystal Mountain Treks staff. Contact us to learn more…