Updated on November 25, 2018
This page is to be updated as we receive information from our clients on best and most economical resources for airline tickets to Nepal.
While travel agents are helpful, most economical fares seem to be available online. If you are booking a trek/trip with us, though we are not travel agents, we would be happy to advise you with booking your flight tickets. Remember to check rates on the following sites BUT it’s best to book directly with the airline just in case you need to make changes to your flight.
Side Step: www.sidestep.com
Bing Travel: http://www.bing.com/travel/
Currently, the following airlines fly into Kathmandu.
– Thai Airlines flies from Bangkok once daily during the low season. They have additional flights during the high season.
– Dragon Air (Cathay Pacific partner) flies from Hongkong about 4-5 times a week. On Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
– Qatar Airlines flies daily to Kathmandu from Doha. There are 3-4 flights per day depending on the season.
– Indian Airlines has daily flights to Kathmandu from Delhi. Also flies to Kathmandu from Calcutta and Vanarasi.
– Silk Air flies from Singapore about 4-5 times a week. Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
– Jet Airways has daily flights to Kathmandu from Delhi.
– Korean Air flies to Kathmandu from Seoul on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. If your layover in Seoul is more than 12 hours, Korean Air will provide a hotel at their expense.
– China Airlines flies to Kathmandu from Lhasa on Saturdays and Tuesdays. Additional flights during peak season on Thursdays and Sundays.
– Druk Air flies to Kathmandu four times a week from Paro, Bhutan, and from Delhi.
– China Southern flies to Kathmandu daily from Guanzhou.
If you are traveling across the Pacific, you can fly to Nepal via Singapore (Silk Air), Hong Kong (Dragon Air), Bangkok (Thai Airlines), Seoul (Korean Airines) or Delhi (Jet, Sahara, Indian Airlines). Avoid Nepal Airlines as it is not reliable and we have had problems in the past with clients not arriving in Nepal as scheduled to participate in a scheduled departure trip. Thai Airlines, Singapore Air, Korean Air, Cathay Pacific and Eva Air are reliable carriers.
If you are traveling across the Atlantic, you can fly to Nepal via Doha, Delhi, Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Etihad, Qatar Air and Emirates/Fly Dubai are reliable carriers.