Americans have successfully applied for and obtained a 5 year visa for Nepal. Here are the requirements:
One can apply for the visa at the Nepali Consulate or at the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu.
Below is a list of items required:
- A completed online visa application form (Tourist Visa)
- Bank statement showing bank balance of minimum USD 10,000 or equivalent.
- Receipt of visa fee payment. (Visa fee (USD 160 or equivalent) should be deposited at the office of the Department of Immigration. Visa fee is non-refundable and non- transferable).
- Copy of Passport with minimum 6 months validity.
- A health Insurance Certificate with international travel coverage. (Minimum 6 months validity)
- Terms and condition (Duly signed with recent passport size photo attached).
- Police Report from Nepal Police (If you apply at the Department of Immigration in Nepal).
- Some questions to be asked when you apply for the visa:
- History of stay in Nepal
- Why you are interested in a 5 years visa
- Your visit plan including places where you want to stay
- Do you have any plan other than just to visit on a tourist visa.